Terrance Williams Missing & Felipe Santos Missing


Name: Terrance Deon Williams
Age: 27 years old
Last seen: January 12, 2004
Location: Naples, Florida
Status: Missing


Physical Description

Terrance Deon Williams is an African-American male, with sandy brown and brown eyes, his hair was in long dreadlocks at the time of his disappearance. He is 5’8-6’0 tall and weighs 160-175lbs.


He has his ears pierced, a vertical scar on his right shoulder, and a dark birthmark on the side of his abdomen. Terrance has three tattoos: the initials “T” in italic above the left side of his chest, the initials “ET” in a square block lettering on his outer right shoulder, and his name “Terrance” in red ink with blue highlights on his left forearm. Terrance’s right upper tooth has a gold crown with the letter “T” on it, and the tooth to the right of that one has a solid gold cap with the letter “T”.

Terrance Williams was last seen wearing a short-sleeved button-down shirt, blue jeans, brown Timberland boots, diamond earrings, and a watch with white stones surrounding the face, and a silver metal band.

He may use the alias date of birth on April 1, 1975. Some articles give his disappearance the date January 11, 2004.

Background Information

Terrance Deon Williams was born on January 17th, 1976, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and was the only son to his mother Marcia Williams, his father left when he was 3 years old. He had 4 children of his own.

In 1995, Terrance was sentenced to 11 months in jail, part of which was also probation, after pleading guilty to robbery. He had also previously been charged with a DUI and driving on a revoked license, to which he spent fifty days in jail.

He later moved to Florida to be closer to his mother, he lived in a shared apartment with his roommate at Randall Circle, East Naples. His mother, Marcia Williams said they spoke on the phone daily and they did not go a day without speaking on the phone to each other, as they were extremely close.

He worked in construction jobs but wanted something better to be able to provide for his children. A few weeks prior to Terrance’s disappearance he had started working at a Pizza Hut restaurant, as a cook, in Bonita Springs, Florida.

Terrance Williams Missing (Disappearance)

On Sunday 11th, January 2004, Terrance was invited to an after-work employee party, in Bonita Springs. His mum picked him up and drove him home so that he could go home to get changed, his mother said his last words before leaving were “bye mama, ill see you later”. While getting ready for the party, Terrance tries to convince his roommate, Jason Gonzalez, to join him at the party, but Jason told him he wasn’t going to go.

Without a ride to the party, he then took his new vintage Cadillac, which was unregistered, and drove himself to Bonita Springs, although he did not have a diverse license to drive.


A short time later, he had pulled over at a shopping center to use a  payphone to call Jason which made him worried. Terrance told him all he can see is a bunch of cops around, and Jason could sense fear in Terrance’s voice. Terrance continued to say he had called Jason to talk while he waited for the cops to leave the area. After a few minutes, Terrance tells Jason he’s leaving to go to the party and the phone call ends. 

After the phone call, Jason leaves his phone by the TV and heads to bed.

At the party, the group reportedly drank beer and partied all night, and Terrance had left the party the next morning between 5 am and 6 am.    

The next day, January 12th, Jason realizes Terrance did not come home from the party. At first, Jason wasn’t worried, because Terrance had a rule with Jason that if he was gone a couple of days to not worry about it, as he could be staying at someone’s house.

On Monday 12th, January, Jason checks his phone for voicemails, to check if Terrance had maybe called him the night before, as he had a couple of missed calls from a number he did not recognize. Jason decided to call the number back and a woman answered who said she was one of Terrance’s co-workers at the Pizza Hut and she distinctly remembers Terrance leaving the party alone sometime between 5 am and 6 am.

On January 12th, Terrance was reportedly pulled over on the side of the road between 9 am and 10 am near the Naples Memorial Cemetery, located in the area of 111th Avenue North and Vanderbilt Drive, north of Naples, by a Collier County sheriff’s deputy Corporal Steven Henry Calkins.


Steve Calkins ran the VIN of the Cadillac Terrance was driving, he found the vehicle had a license plate that had expired and was registered to someone else, and Terrance was found driving without a valid driver’s license and insurance. Steven Calkin then presided to pat down Terrance and put him in the back of his patrol car, without handcuffs and then drove away.

Terrance Williams was never seen or heard from since.

According to Steve Calkins, he changed his mind about the arrest and left him at a Circle K convince store, this was the last time he saw Terrance.

His roommate Jason, emailed Marcia Williams as well as all his friends to see if they had seen him or heard from him but no one had. He also called hospitals and jails in case something happened, but there was no trace of Terrance.

On January 13th, after Jason informed Marcia Williams that Terrance did not come home she immediately drove down to the Pizza Hut he worked at and was told that he had not shown up for work and had failed to pick up 2 paycheques. His mother immediately filed a missing persons report to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office. However, when she tried to file for a missing persons report, she was told that Terrance was a grown man and if she didn’t hear from him in a month to come back.

Terrance’s aunt began calling the sheriff’s office daily until they finally took a report down.


The Investigation

Terrance’s aunt lived in Tennesse at the time of his disappearance but was doing her own search for Terrance. She found a lead on Terrance’s car and immediately informed her sister, Marcia Williams. Marcia went to identify the car and knew straight away it was her son’s car sitting in a towing lot.

When questioned, Deputy Steve Calkins told investigators that Terrance William had asked him to drop him off at a Circle K convenience store, where he claimed to work. This convenience store was located in the area of Wiggins Pass Road and Route 41, Naples. However, Terrance worked at a Pizza Hut which was about two miles further north in Bonita Springs.

Calkins continued to tell investigators he had later returned to the cemetery to check on the Cadillac because Terrance had told him he had a valid registration in the glove compartment. When he checked the vehicle for the registration, he did not find it and called the Circle K convenience store but was told they did not have an employee by the name of Terrance Williams.

He then moved the Cadillac outside of the Naples Memorial Cemetery, and parked it on the shoulder of the road before calling dispatch about finding an “abandoned car”. The vehicle was then towed for obstructing traffic. Yet, no arrest or traffic stop was reported.

On January 28th, 2004, Terrance’s mother filed a misconduct complaint with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office against Steve Calkin.

Investigators found conflicting statements and inconsistencies from Steve Calkins about the day of Terrance Williams’s disappearance. He was given a polygraph test which he passed but then when he was given another polygraph test specifically on Terrance Willaims and the day of his disappearance, he failed and the results showed evidence of deception. Calkins’s first statement was that he told a dispatcher he was investigating an abandoned car that was blocking the road, which he later recanted and changed his statement to stopping Terrance when he was driving his vehicle.

On Friday 16th, witnesses, who worked at the cemetery the day of Terrance’s disappearance, had also come forward to investigators saying they saw Terrance being pulled over by a police patrol car, and distinctly remember that the police lights were on but the siren was not on. They continued to say that they saw Terrance then get into the back of the patrol car. The officer came to tell them if it was okay if the Cadillac stayed in the cemetery parking lot and that he would be back later to collect it.

Around an hour later, the workers saw the officer come back and move the car to the side of the road. Steve Calkins then called dispatch and asked for a towing company to collect a vehicle as it was blocking the road.  He then called his friend who was a dispatcher and made inappropriate comments saying he found a “homey Cadillac” that was blocking the road near the cemetery and that the person had probably gone into the cemetery and that when they returned their car would be gone, they both laughed during this phone call.

When Calkins was questioned he told investigators that he had asked for Terrance’s ID but he did not have it on him. However, after Calkins arrested Terrance 20 minutes later he called dispatch and ask for a background check to be done on Williams and gave his date of birth. How would he have known this information without having an encounter with Terrance? This also contradicts one of his statements he told investigators as he told them at one point he didn’t actually stop Terrance and the vehicle but instead, he found the vehicle parked on the side of the road and it was in the way of other cars.

Calkins also told investigators in one of his statements saying the Cadillac looked in distress but Marcia Willaims told authorities this was not true as the car had just come out of the shop.

Also, phone records show no record of Calkins calling the Circle K store, and no employee remembers receiving a phone call from a deputy that day. Investigators looked at surveillance footage from the Circle K store, where neither Terrance Williams nor Steve Calkins was seen in.

One of the dispatchers called Steve Calkins and told him a woman was calling constantly and was ‘bothering her all day’ asking about Terrance Williams, Calkins told the dispatcher that he didn’t remember pulling anyone over and didn’t recognize the name, Terrance Williams.

Terrance’s vehicle was searched and processed by crime scene investigators but this information is being withheld by authorities. In the car, they found two jackets that belonged to Terrance and a box of unsmoked cigarettes. Steve Calkins’s patrol car was also sent for forensic testing and the car was immaculately clean.

Search teams had searched 12 different locations, these included cadaver dogs and helicopters. Tips were also coming into authorities but none of them lead to finding Terrance.

In August 2004, Steve Calkins was fired by the Collier County Sheriff’s Office for falsifying information in the disappearance of Terrance Williams, deception in the polygraph tests, conduct unbecoming of an officer by using derogatory language, as well as being negligent in not following agency rules and procedures.

Calkins had appealed for being fired and argued that he was being picked on due to political issues. However, this appeal was denied and he then moved to Iowa with his family.

Terrance Williams was legally declared dead in 2009 by his family, although he has not been found nor is there any evidence to suggest he is still alive.

Contact Information


If you have any information on the disappearance of Terrance Williams please contact the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at 800-780-8477 or the Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).

You can also email a tip or call the Cue Center 24-hour tip line at 910-232-1687. All information submitted to CUE Center for Missing Persons is confidential.

A $100,000 reward was offered by Tyler Perry for any critical tips that would help find Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos. The reward has since been doubled to $200,000 in September 2018.

Age progression of Terrance Williams


Felipe Santos

Name: Felipe Santos
Age: 23 years old
Last seen: October 14, 2003
Location: Naples, Florida
Status: Missing


Physical Description

Felipe Medina Santos is a Hispanic male with black hair and brown eyes. He wore his hair in a ponytail at the time of his disappearance, he is 5’7 tall and weighs 150lbs. He is a Mexican citizen and speaks Spanish, and limited English.

Felipe was last seen wearing a t-shirt, blue jeans, and boots.


Background Information

Felipe Santos was born on Janurary 1st, 1979, in Oaxaca, Mexico. He was the second of five brothers. He had his own family which included his wife, Apolonia Cruz-Cortez, and daughter.

Sometime in the year 2000, Felipe moved to the US, where he was working as an undocumented immigrant in Florida in farm fields and construction sites. Felipe would send money he earned back to his family in Oaxaca, Mexico.


Felipe Santos was described by his family as a humble and hard-working person, and he loved basketball and soccer.

At the time of his disappearance, Felipe lived in Immokalee, Florida with his wife and daughter. Four months prior to his disappearance his wife had given birth to their daughter. His job was 30 miles away from where they lived.


On October 14th, 2003, Felipe Santos woke up feeling unwell and his wife had told him to stay at home however he left to go to work at 6:30 am. Felipe and his two brothers were driving to a construction job when his white Ford struck another car near the Green Tree Shopping Center, which was located at the intersection of Airport-Pulling and Immokalee roads in North Naples, Florida.

Collier County Sheriff’s deputy Corporal Steve Calkins was dispatched to the scene. The vehicle Felipe was driving was registered to him but he did not have a driver’s license.

Witnesses said that Steve Calkins came out of the car agitated and made a comment about being tired of dealing with these kinds of situations of people driving without a license and insurance.

Felipe was given a ticket for reckless driving, as well as driving without a license and insurance. He was then taken to custody and put in the back of Steve Calkins’s patrol car and driven away.

Felipe Santos was never heard from or seen again.

Later that day, Felipe’s construction foreman contacted the Collier County jail so that the Santos brothers could post Felipe bail, but they were told that he was never into any of the county jails.

The Investigation

When questioned Steve Calkins told investigators he had initially planned to arrest Felipe Santos for driving without a license however later changed his mind and said that “Santos was being polite and cooperative”. He then dropped Felipe off at a nearby Circle K gas station, which was a mile away from Immokalee Road.

The brothers of Felipe Santos filed a misconduct complaint with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office against deputy Steve Calkins. However, the case was quickly cleared of any wrongdoing.

Felipe’s wife has questioned the quality of the investigation and has come forward to say she hasn’t been questioned by authorities.

Felipe Santos is presumed dead under Florida Law, however, his case is still open and active, and his case is currently classified as a missing persons case.

Unidentified human remains were found in January 2021, in a secluded area just under a mile away from where Felipe Santos was last seen.

Civil lawsuit in the disappearance of Terrence Williams and Felipe Santos


On August 30th, 2018, Terrance’s mother received help from celebrity filmmaker Tyler Perry, to file for a wrongful death lawsuit in Collier Circuit Court on behalf of his estate and his four children against Steve Calkins.

On December 30th, 2020, the court-appointed arbitrator cited a lack of evidence to establish excusable neglect from Calkins into Terrance Williams’s death.

Steve Calkins appealed the ruling, but it was upheld and his dismissal stood, he was not charged with any crime associated with the disappearances of Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos.

Steve Calkins has since reportedly moved to Iowa with his family.

Authorities have argued that both men were wanted by law enforcement, meaning they may be purposefully hiding not to be found. They also say that the disappearance of both men is just a “coincidence in the extreme.” Felipe Santos was to appear in court for the traffic accident he was involved in on the day of his disappearance, and authorities believe he had left the US and fled to Mexico, due to the fear of being deported. In November 2013, a warrant was issued for Felipe’s arrest after he had failed to appear in court.

Contact Information


If you have any information on the disappearance of Felipe Santos please contact the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at 800-780-8477 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).

You can also email a tip or call the CUE Center 24-hour tip line at 910-232-1687.

A $100,000 reward was offered by Tyler Perry for any critical tips that would help find Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos. The reward has since been doubled to $200,000 in September 2018.

Age progression of Felipe Santos

Resources and Further Information




Terrance Williams – https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/4276

Felipe Santos – https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/14651/details?nav

Terrance Williams

Felipe Santos

Felipe Santos

Terrance Deon Williams

Investigation Discovery – Disappeared Season 5 Episode 3 – Crime and Punishment (Terrance Williams case)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *